As a hotel owner, one of your major concerns may probably have something to do with making your hotel stand out among the rest. With so many hotels that are in the vicinity right now, competition is definitely stiff. It’s a must to take immediate action on how to gain an edge over the other hotels.
One effective way is to give your hotel a personality that will differ from the other hotels. It may be the hotel’s look or the feel of the ambience – whatever it is, make sure that your hotel’s personality is unique and is not a copycat from the image of the other hotels in town.
To achieve that, it is imperative that you are able to find pieces of furniture that will be perfect for that purpose. To do that, here are some useful tips with regards to furniture buying:
- Establish a continuing theme for your hotel and stick with it. If you decide to have a tropical theme for your business, go for couches with Hawaiian prints, invest on miniature water fountains as decorative ornaments, hang paintings of beach or sunset scenic views.
On the other hand, if you decide that you want a contemporary style that will make it stand out among the rest of the traditional hotels in town, invest on furniture made of metal and leather, that have black, silver and red colors and modern prints.
Having a consistent theme will not only make it easier for you to buy hotel furniture, it will also give your hotel a consistent look and guests will not feel disoriented when they move to different parts of the hotel.
- Strive to achieve a balance between form and function. It has long been a dispute of which of these two aspects weigh more value. In reality, they are equally significant. That is why, it is always a smart move to buy pieces of furniture that are both stylish and functional at the same time.
- Search at all places imaginable. The mall and the local furniture store are not the only places where you can find furniture for your hotel. Trade shows, clearance sales, and the Internet also offer a lot of excellent deals on hotel furniture. Here, you may also find unique pieces of furniture that you won’t find anywhere else.
Online, you will find yourself bombarded with so many choices. Just be careful when doing your cyber shopping. To be on the safe side, make sure you only opt for reputable online furniture dealers and that you thoroughly study shipping policies, shipping prices and return policies. It is also a great idea to try out a store’s customer service prior to purchase in order for you to gauge their efficiency in attending to your needs and concerns.
Other important furniture buying tips:
- Buy furniture in sets. This will make it easier for you do the layout as well as match the pieces of furniture together. Blending the furniture with the room is not the only thing you should consider. You should also make sure that these pieces go well with each other. That won’t be much of a problem if you buy them in sets.
- Make sure that you opt for furniture that will provide guests with efficient service and utmost comfort. When guests arrive at your hotel, they expect to be able to relax and rest properly. A bumpy bed or a lampshade that doesn’t work will only distress them rather than give them the rest they are craving for.
- Choose furniture that will fit the ambience of the room you’re decorating. The pieces of furniture that you will need for the bedrooms will be different from those that you have to buy for the bar or the dining area. While the furniture in the bedroom need to give off a relaxing atmosphere, the ones to be placed in reception should give a vibrant and inviting ambience.
Buying the right kinds of furniture for your hotel is indeed one of the important aspects that can make or break the business. So invest not only money but also time and effort in your pursuit to find the perfect hotel furniture.